Home » Posts tagged 'OS X 10.9'
Tag Archives: OS X 10.9
OS X Mavericks download is the 9th major release of the Mac OS X versions history. It was the most powerful operating system in 2013 for Macintosh computers. The OS X Mavericks download version 10.9.1 released in December 2013 after two months from releasing the OS X Mavericks original version. This update made a number of changes to the operating system and fixed out some issues on the previous version.
How to install the OS X Mavericks
You can use two methods for installing the OS X Mavericks on your Mac PC
#1. Install the OS X Mavericks with Mac Apps Store
- First, you need to sign in to the Mac Apps Store using the Apple ID
- Then search for the OS X Mavericks using the search bar on the Apps store.
- After searching, you will get some links according to the search keyword. Select the appropriate link to download the Mavericks and click it. (You must need to sign in to the Mac Apps store for download the file)
- After download completed a window will pop up asking to install the Mavericks automatically.
- You are welcome to proceed the process. But, before doing that you must need to keep a backup of your previous OS’ data and application. If you do not need any files or applications from previous one, it doesn’t matter, you do not need to keep a backup.
Otherwise, you can close the window which is popped up and create a Bootable USB installer to install the OS X Mavericks download by booting the Mac computer.
Here you can use other two methods to install the OS X Mavericks
- Clean Install the OS in startup drive
Here you are going to install the OS X Mavericks on existing hard drive which is keep the previous OS X Version. Please keep a backup of your files and data if you are going to use this method. Because the OS X will install on the drive that the previous OS X runs.
- Clean install on an empty volume
This method is much easier than installing on the startup volume. Because you do not need to keep any backup. Empty volume means a volume which is not contained on it. You can use the normal installation process with a bootable installer for the OS X Mavericks with this installation method.
How to create a bootable USB drive for install the OS X Mavericks download.
Note: – please use a USB drive which has more than 12GB of space.
You need to have the OS X Mavericks Download file on the application folder on your computer.
First, you need to plug in the USB drive to your Mac PC. Then open the terminal from the application menu and type createinstallmedia as a command on it and enter. This command will identify the USB drive that you are going to create the bootable installer.
Then type the following command on the terminal.
Assume that your installer file on the application folder and the name of USB flash drive is MyUSB
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/ MyUSB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app
It will take some time to finish the installation process.
Download the OS X Mavericks